Ah, the all mighty toothpaste. This invention helps us to keep our teeth pearly white, fight gingivitis, and make our breaths minty fresh. However, many have no idea that this wonderful paste or gel can be used for other reasons and might be able to replace some of those household chemicals. Instead of running to the store to grab certain items or using chemicals, try using toothpaste to fix your problems below.
- Did your dog got in a fight with a skunk and came back to you smelling a bit… skunky? Bath your dog with water, then put toothpaste into his fur and scrub it in his fur with his shampoo and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and rinse it off. Fido will be as clean as a whistle! Yet, we can’t guarantee that he won’t run into the pesky old skunk again.
- Do you have a white pair of sneakers or tennis shoes, but over time dirt and grime has made the sneaker look off white? Try scrubbing toothpaste in the fabric and wash it off. Your sneakers will be as white as your teeth and you don’t have to throw it in the laundry bin with your dirty laundry!
- Did you know that toothpaste is also good for polishing silver? Just use a tube of toothpaste and an old tooth brush and scrub it on the silver. However, be very careful as too much toothpaste has abrasive particles that can polish off your silver tarnish.
- Are there nail holes in the wall for hanging your paintings? Don’t go running to your hardware store and buy spackle just yet! If the holes are tiny, you can seal the holes up with toothpaste. Let it dry and voila, the hole is gone!
- Run out of hair gel to spike your hair up? Use some of the gel toothpaste to shape your spikes. Not only will it hold in its shape, but your hair will smell minty fresh!
- Are your headlights on your car a bit foggy? Use good ol’ toothpaste to clean them! Just scrub the toothpaste on the headlights and your lights will be brighter during the night time.
There are many tricks of the trade for an average tube of toothpaste. Did you use any of these tips or do you have any other tips you want to share with the community?